The Leadership Project for America (LPA) identifies and evaluates principled, effective leadership for the United States.
America stands at a crossroads, in desperate need of political leadership to rally citizens around a vision that draws upon all that is great about this country.
That vision includes free markets to unleash our competitive spirit and create economic growth and prosperity; a national security and foreign policy agenda that protects and promotes America’s interests around the world; and a unique system of limited, constitutional government that protects our freedoms, encourages decency and brings out the best in all of us.
- Opportunity for All: requires a growing economy, a strong education system, and intelligent immigration reform.
- Fairness for All: requires government spending discipline, a simpler tax system, and an end to corporate welfare and cronyism.
- Defending the Vulnerable: requires a trustworthy safety net, encouragement of a culture that promotes earned success, and a more stable economy.
- Security and Safety: requires loyalty to our allies, firmness versus our adversaries, and free and open global trade.
- American Exceptionalism: derives from a belief in family, faith, vocation, community, and equal opportunity.
- Economic Prosperity, Full Employment, Rising Wages
- Tax reform – flatter rates without special interest breaks will decrease the tax burden and provide economic opportunities for all
- Free trade
- Stable dollar
- Reduced Size and Scope of Government
- Spending reform
- Reforms of Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, and other entitlements
- Regulatory reform and restraint
- Rewrite or repeal intrusive and obstructive legislation such as the Affordable Care Act, Dodd-Frank Act, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Strong National Defense
- A clear statement of our economic and national security interests
- Sufficient defense forces to protect those interests
- Fidelity to the Constitution
- Judges who will defend the original meaning of our Constitution
- Separation of powers – to protect individual liberty from an all-powerful government
- Federalism – to return to the states moral decisions nationalized by the courts
- Immigration Reform
- Immediate, effective border control and cooperation with Mexico regarding drug cartels
- Efficient citizenship process and provision for considerably larger numbers of legal immigrants
- Pathway for illegal immigrants to obtain guest worker status and eventual legal residency
- Rules should favor productive workers (H-1B Visas) and higher-level students